Established in 2015, the St. Gabriel’s Drama and Debate Society aims to provide a platform, as well as an appreciation, for creative expressions in our students. Over the past few years, our members have come a long way in developing their acting, script writing and production management skills through school performances and SYF presentations. Within a short span, our Drama Club has reached milestones in our journey, which include being awarded a Certificate of Distinction at the SYF presentation in 2019.
In 2021, the Drama and Debate Society separated to form 2 distinct CCAs – Drama Club and Debate Club. We firmly believe in nurturing and grooming our students to develop into confident and passionate gentlemen with a love for dramatic art forms. Our teachers and coach also provide students with opportunities to express their thoughts and feelings, as well as, develop their own perceptions about themselves and the world around them. Besides strengthening their acting skills, they are also encouraged to produce their own scripts and learn stage management. To complete the holistic aspect, students hone their leadership and collaborative skills by initiating projects.
- Ms. Farah Zeeba (OIC)
- Mrs. Mary Stevenson (2IC)
- Wed : 3.30 pm - 6pm (Secondary 1)
- Fri : 2.15pm - 5.30pm (Secondary 2 – 5)
- Venue : I&E Room
Dates and timings are subject to change during Singapore Youth Festival trainings.
- SYF (Drama) - Certificate of Accomplishment
- SYF (Drama) – Certificate of Distinction
- Human Values Drama Festival – Finalist/Winner of ‘Best Script Award’
- Raffles U-14 Invitational Debate Tournament – Quarter-Finalist
- Teachers’ Day Video Presentation (Teachers’ Day Celebration)
- St. Gabriel’s ARTS Buzz
- Speech Day Emcees/Choral Recital
- National Day Video